Top 10 Reasons to Have a Company Picnic
The idea to host a company picnic may be nothing new, but it remains one of the most popular corporate events for organizations that want to get employees and their families together in one big party environment.
And it’s no wonder. Where else can you entertain hundreds of people with food, drinks, games and general merriment – without expensive ticket prices?
To help you expedite the event planning process and get to the real fun, here are the top ten reasons why you should choose a company picnic this year:
- Morale Booster There is no doubt that hosting company events is about showing appreciation for employees. That being said, it also gives employees an opportunity to strengthen relationships with co-workers, especially ones who they may not have met otherwise.
- Space Planning an event for hundreds of people makes it difficult to find a large enough venue. But because picnics generally take place outdoors, you no longer have to contend with square footage limitations.
- Food Let’s face it – the food is the main course of any company picnic, and it is one of the most important components. Typically, these events serve up barbecue or summer fare, but the beauty is you can choose whatever you like. Even coleslaw tastes better at a picnic.
- Entertainment for All Ages Everyone likes to be entertained at a company picnic. And not just having a clown at the event (although that is one possibility). Include fun, interactive sports games plus magicians, dunk tanks, bounce houses and more. A good outdoor event entertains all ages, from little tikes to seniors.
- Convenience The nice perk about picnics is they generally operate in open house format. That means you don’t have to worry about everyone getting there on time. For some of us, that is a good thing.
- Easygoing Picnics are inherently casual, which puts a lot less stress on the event planner as well as all of the guests. It’s a come as you are kind of day.
- Location Unlike event planning for a conference or seminar that is out of state or across the country, the company picnic can be in a setting that is close to work. That means it is easier to check out locations before you make a decision. Plus, the less your guests have to commute, the more likely it is that they will show up.
- Outdoors O.K. the outdoors part has come up already, but this point deserves its own place. After all, if you live and work in Chicago, then you know how exciting it is to be outside after a long, cold winter.
- Kid-friendly We realize that not all employees have children, but for those who do, a company picnic is the perfect way to include family members. And it is easy to incorporate activities that children can enjoy.
- Stress-free If you are the event planner, then you may be wondering how this last one is possible. But when you plan your company picnics with Windy City Fieldhouse, its staff literally does everything for you – site selections, catering, serving, coordinating and setting up entertainment, transportation, and even entertaining the kids so adults can relax and mingle – yes, really!