Everyone at Windy City Fieldhouse would like to extend a huge thank you to the families, coaches and players of all our programs for doing their part in making safety our #1 priority! With your help we have been able to implement new safety procedures to successfully run activities for kids and adults all while keeping everyone safe! We couldn’t have done it without the support and cooperation of our customers.
Recently, Governor Pritzker announced new precautionary guidelines for the State of Illinois which include mitigations for indoor sports activities. Right now we are hitting the pause button on a majority of our activities given the following Tier 3 mitigation requirement:
“Pause all indoor group sporting and recreational activities including youth and adult recreational sports, individual training may remain (with facility reservation).”
Starting Friday, November 20th, these activities are on hold until the state or city guidelines loosen restrictions. We are hopeful this pause will be over in a few weeks where we can once again resume adult and youth recreational sports. In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and update you on any changes. We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate the new policies to ensure everyone’s safety.
Facility Guidelines Overview
- Individual training (with facility reservation) and our POD Learning Programs remain open during Tier 3 Mitigation
- Face Coverings are required to enter the building and must be worn at all times.
- Only players and coaches are allowed in the building – NO SPECTATORS. Parents will get specific guidelines on how to pick up and drop off children for classes/lessons. (Parents participating within a Parent-Tot class are allowed to enter the building.)
- Bring your own equipment including basketballs, cones, etc.
- Bring your own water – water fountains will not be available.
- Limited Number of People per Zone – 25 or less per zone (currently limited by Tier 3 Mitigation requirements)
- Activities are limited based on current Tier 3 mitigation guidelines. Once these guidelines change, an updated activities list will be posted on the top right of this page.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed. Please come dressed to play.
To learn more about our Covid-19 related updates, look below for a full list of facility guidelines and regulations.
Covid-19 Facility Guidelines
Know Before You Go
- Face coverings will be required at all times while in the facility – Masks will be available for purchase at the front desk.
- Bring your own equipment (balls, cones, etc.).
- Bring your own water – Water fountains will be closed, Vending machines will be available and sanitized regularly.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed – Please come dressed to play.
- No Spectators – Only active participants such as players and coaches are allowed in the facility (unless specified otherwise).
- New online waiver must be completed before entry. Link will be available on the website and at the front desk.
- Cash will not be accepted. Only Credit/Debit cards will be accepted.
- Reservation must be made by 5pm and at least 1 day in advance. No day of reservations. Weekend and Monday reservations must be made by 5pm Friday.
- Know where to enter if you are assigned an entry/exit point other than the front door. You must wait in the designated waiting area if needed. 6 Foot markings will be placed outside every possible entrance.
- Wait until the start of reservation time to enter the facility. If needed, a WCF employee will let you in the facility.
- A face covering must be worn to enter the building and worn at all times. You will be required to purchase a mask at the front desk upon arrival if you do not have a face covering and do not want to leave.
- When done, immediately gather belongings and leave the facility at your assigned exit.
While in the Facility
- All activities must be non-contact.
- Maximum of 25 people per zone at a time including coaches (currently limited by Tier 3 Mitigation requirements).
- Maximum of 5 people in the locker rooms at one time.
- Social Distance – Floor markings will be placed every 6 feet on the outer edges of each court to place belongings.
- All equipment must be cleaned before and after usage. Please bring your own cleaning sprays and rags to clean your own equipment. WCF will clean all WCF equipment.
- Face covering must be worn at all times even during on-court activity.
Staff and Building
- All WCF staff will wear face coverings while in the facility.
- WCF staff will continue to sanitize all common, high touch surfaces and areas along with courts after each use.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the facility along with a plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- Tables and chairs will not be available.
- Maximum of 200 people in the facility at a time – 25 people per zone limit (currently limited by Tier 3 Mitigation requirements).
- Maximum of 8 courts in use at one time.
- How you enter and exit the facility will be based on the volume of the facility. Contact your group coordinator to learn more.