Evening Summer Picnic
- Provide convenient timing to help accommodate employees’ busy summer schedules
- Provide a greater variety of dates and cooler weather by holding your event later in the day
- Enhance relationships amongst employees
- Build goodwill with the families of employees
- Provide a highly engaging event with numerous entertainment options targeted to a variety of demographic groups, including 20-30 year olds
- Provide an event that delivers a significantly higher value than a traditional summer picnic
As traditional picnic dates and times fill fast each year, a recent trend towards holding an evening picnic from 5:00 – 9:00 PM has proven popular with many WCF clients. Evening Summer Picnics allow for a greater variety of dates and locations, convenient timing for employees’ busy summer schedules and cooler weather, just to name a few reasons. In addition, you still enjoy all the great benefits of WCF’s Interactive Summer Picnics - just a little later in the day.
WCF’s Evening Summer Picnics are becoming a popular choice for many companies for the following reasons:
- Family - Those who have actively involved children like evening picnics because they don’t have to miss that week’s camp, class, game or practice.
- 20 to 30 year olds - Evening picnics are a great opportunity to share some food and drinks with co-workers followed by an evening out at a variety of downtown bars or clubs – all without giving up a precious summer afternoon.
- Employees – By holding the event after work hours for weekday events, employees don’t lose an afternoon of productivity in the office.
- Cooler Weather - With summer evenings staying light until 9:00 PM, evening picnics provide a great opportunity to take advantage of Chicago’s cooler evening weather.
- Available Dates & Location - Best of all, evening picnics offer more flexibility for dates and locations. With almost all weekend day events booked, evening picnics allow companies to secure their first choice of date and location.
- Budget - Lastly, if budget is a concern, evening picnics also tend to be less expensive in many cases.
WCF’s Interactive Summer Picnics are fun and engaging events that deliver maximum value. WCF does not merely set up the event, but instead, actively facilitates the event and activities to ensure guests have a great time and remain engaged throughout the entire event. If guests are not engaged and merely leave after eating, the key objectives listed above are not achieved.
The entertainment selection is designed to engage
the three key demographic groups attending the
event - 20-30 somethings without kids, 30-40
somethings with kids and 40-60 somethings with
kids that are not attending. It is critical to ensure
the activities are designed to target each
demographic group so that each group feels the
event is designed for them and not just families
with young children. To ensure each group has
entertainment, WCF divides the entertainment into
four main categories: “Interactive Relays”,
“Facilitated Traditional Sports”, “Passive or Walkup
Entertainment” and “Entertainment Add-ons”.
Regardless of each attendee’s interests, WCF
provides an array of activities capable of providing
many entertainment options for everyone. Best
of all, WCF’s expert staff are all hired with
experience in facilitating youth programs and
birthday parties, ensuring the children are well
taken care of throughout the day and parents
are able to mingle and relax at the event.
And if that isn’t enough, if desired, WCF creates a customized website for each client
highlighting the event details, location, directions and more.
Click here to view a sample website.
- JP Morgan
- Thornton Tomasetti
- The Drake Hotel
- Westin Hotel